Learn the trade of professional dreadlock making and how to market your business so clients will be lining up outside your door.
Instead of watching hours and hours of dreadlock making videos on YouTube trying to figure out how to make dreadlocks, but still not getting all the information you really need, you can come and do a hands-on class and learn the correct professional way of making dreadlocks!
Ann-Marie making one of her clients hair dreams come true!
Learning how to make dreadlocks can’t be that hard, or…?
You work as a hairdresser and are fascinated by dreadlocks and you want to learn more about it, and you are dreaming about starting to offer it in your salon.
One of your clients asked you if you could try to do dreadlocks on them and you said yes because you love a challenge and you thought that, how hard can it be…?
For days you were searching on information about dreadlocks and you were watching every YouTube video that you could find.
You realise that the persons sharing their knowledge about dreadlocks are young kids, that have dreadlocks themselves and have made them for themselves, but there are no professional dreadlock makers that are actually sharing their knowledge about how they are making dreadlocks.
You try out on some human hair that you have lying around in the salon and hm… can it really be that hard?
The big day comes, your client arrives and you start with trying out to do dreadlocks on your clients hair.
Halfway through you are thinking, how the heck am I supposed to do this? Am I doing this right?
It was so easy when I was working on the hair extension hair, I feel like I’m a fraud.
I’m already tired in my hands and how the heck can all these dreadlock makers stand for a whole day and do dreadlocks?
Your big dream of starting to offer dreadlocks in your salon is not so close anymore…
What if this would be your reality?
Imagine a world where you could get the knowledge of how to be doing dreadlocks in a professional way, where you could stand for 6 hours and do dreadlocks on your clients without feeling that you are a fraud.
That you have the feeling that you know what you are doing and without your body totally crashing because you are doing it wrong.
A world where you can create a head of dreadlocks within a few hours, and you have super happy new clients that leaves the salon with the hair of their dreams and they are so happy that it is hard for you not to be drawn into that powerful energy of happiness that your clients have.
Within a few days you will have other people contacting you because they have seen your clients hair and they want you to transform them into dreadheads as well.
Throughout your journey of becoming a professional dreadlock maker you have a group of other students cheering you on, you all have become a tight community of people that are helping each other out and you are sharing each other’s stories with one another.
You also have a teacher that keeps on checking in with all of you in your process of running your dreadlock businesses, and who really cares of how all of you are doing.
Within a year you have clients driving hours to come and see you for your unique deadlocking services and you are able to support you and your family on a service that you love doing.
Wouldn’t that be a great life?
This is what your life can look like this fall!
Take the step towards a future of joy and happiness!
I’ve always been a super creative person, I’ve been doing art and handicrafts for as long as I can remember.
Growing up in the age of MTV, I was watching music videos all afternoon while doing art when I got home from school, I was always in awe of Lenny Kravitz’s dreadlocks, I was dreaming of having hair like him.
Fast forward a few years, my friends wanted me to help them out with their hair, I might add that some things turned out great and some hair experiments were a total disaster.
One day I was offered a chance to take a course in dreadlock making and hair extensions in London, with the supportive mom that I have she pushed me into the direction of taking this course.
I was in London for a few days and learned some techniques, and then I was home taking clients and having a lot of questions. I didn’t feel ”ready”.
I felt alone in what I was doing and I didn’t have anyone to juggle ideas and techniques with (well this was in the beginning of the year 2000, and there was barely a thing called the ”internet” then).
I started to work and work, had a website up, took photos of my clients and continued to evolve as a hairdresser and dreadlock and hair extension specialist.
Many, many dreadheads later, and different techniques that I have learnt throughout my career, I’ve assembled my own special technique that I do dreadlocks with and that I have now become world-famous for.
Within my career of making dreadlocks, I’ve had a team of people working with me to build up an online shop for dreadheads, we have been listening to what dreadheads are missing and would like to be able to buy.
So with my team I built – http://www.dreadstuff.com that has become the number one webshop when it comes to dreadlock products and accessories.
Throughout the years I’ve not only become an expert in dreadlock making and hair extensions, but I’ve also been studying and learning, through trial and error, on how you use the digital world to reach out with your message.
With loads of success I’ve been featured on Swedish television, in magazines and I have grown a huge following online.
The result has become that I have people traveling to me from all over the world to get their hair done, I’ve also gone from a 2 weeks waiting list to up to 10 weeks!
Five secrets behind running a professional dreadlock business:
* By understanding who your clients are, and what they want, it will be much easier to speak to them online so that they will start lining up outside your door.
* There are unique dreadlock making techniques that will get you to do a great job on your clients that will take less time than you could ever imagine.
* You will start to create great relationships with your clients that will get them to come back for more of your unique work.
* Doing dreadlocks professionally, is not only about doing hair but you will also become someone that listens to and support your clients.
* Building up a professional dreadlock business demands a lot of hard work, determination and an openness to evolve, not only with your craft but also as a human being.
What makes this professional dreadlock education unique?
You will not only learn the trade of dreadlock making but also how to take care of your new clients and get the information that you need to give to your clients to help them with how to take care of their hair.
You will learn the importance of making a good website that sells, how to make sure that it shows up on google searches, and the importance of when your future clients visit your website, they will get the feeling that they already know you when they step inside of your salon.
You will learn how to take good photos of your clients, you will learn how to post photos with great captions on social media, because it’s through your website and your social media accounts that you will get people to start to line up outside of your door.
Many people think that the world is the same as it used to be, that you got an education, you started your business and opened the door to your salon, and then people would start to talk about you and know who you are just through ”word of mouth”.
Yes, ”word of mouth” is still very important, but to share your work online is also important.
When I started to use online marketing as a tool, and when I learnt how to take decent photos of my clients, I saw an increase of my Instagram account going from 1.000 – 49.000 followers.
I started to have clients travel from USA, Canada, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, England… the list goes on and on.
One day I thought that it would be fun to go to London to work, I put it out on social media, and within a few days I was fully booked, and had even more people than I had time for that wanted to come.
So this is why this course has a full day dedicated to using social media and the internet, and why it’s so important.
The unique techniques that I use when I do dreadlocks today, is a mix mash of different methods that I have assembled to create my own unique technique, you will not find anyone else in the world that works with dreadlocks that are using this unique technique.
This technique works on any type of hair, it doesn’t matter if it is Asian, Afro hair, Caucasian or Scandinavian.
You will learn this technique, and know how to use it so that you can do dreadlocks from scratch, you can maintain dreadlocks, you can transform dreadlocks that are a total disaster, or you can extend dreadlocks to make them longer, and you will get all the knowledge of dreadlocks that you need to know to start your very own dreadlock business.
I will give you some assignments that you will have to do before you arrive to the course.
I want you to start to think in a new way, and this is super important that you will do these assignments because it is the base for the whole course. I want you to grow as a person as much as possible, and this is why I want to give you a taste of what I will share with you apart from the dreadlock making part in this course.
All of this is so that you can get to know yourself more, because the more grounded and steady you feel as a person, the more you will be able to help your clients.
Something that I didn’t know about my newfound profession when I started out, was that it was going to be such a social job, for me it was all about learning about hair.
Well the social skills is important as well, you will almost become a therapist/ friend to your clients.
Question yourself, how often do you get a few hours just to sit down with a friend and talk without anything else happening?
Or for instance, how often do you sit in the same room with someone and talk for 8 hours?
In this day in age, when we are working and using our computers so much, do you ever take the time to put aside your digital world and just be?
For me, working with my clients is also a way to make them relax and just ”be”.
With help from me, you can create your dream life where you can help dreadheads all over the world!
Ann-Marie has been featured in:
If you say yes to any of these questions, then you should NOT take this course:
– You believe that you already know everything that you need to know about dreadlocks
– You think it’s not going to work in your country
– You think it’s crazy to travel all the way to Sweden to learn how to do professional dreadlocks
– You believe that you don’t need to pay taxes for the money that you earn
– You believe that starting and running a business does not involve, or demand, a lot of hard work
– You think that dreadheads are crazy
– You think that it’s ok to sit and smoke pot all day
– You want to take this course just to take care of your own dreadlocks
– You are not ready to push yourself to the most extreme edge to become the best student you can possibly be and really take in all the information that is given to you during this course
– You do not take pride in the work that you do
– Think that all dreadheads are dirty smelly hippies
– You believe that it’s not worth paying good money to get your dreadlocks fixed up
– I can just watch a few videos on YouTube to learn all these skills
– It’s a crazy amount of money to pay for a course to learn how to do dreadlocks
– It’s wrong to make money off dreadlocks
– You believe that dreadlocks should not be made, they should naturally form by themselves and that is the only way
What you will learn during this course
First of all, you will get some homework before you come to the course.
These assignments is about how you can grow as a future business owner and things to consider while running or starting up your business.
In the hands on dreadlock course you will learn:
– Everything you need to know about dreadlock creation
– How to devide the hair in different ways (you will also learn all you need to know about the trendy partial dreadlock style)
– Root tying
– How to properly back comb hair
– Crocheting dreadlocks in the unique way that I do it
– How to make dreadlocks on short hair
– How to make dreadlocks with extensions
– How to extend dreadlocks
– How to maintain dreadlocks, everything that you need to know about taking care of someone’s dreadlocks
– Different ways to end dreadlocks, here I will cover my special unique style of letting the tip of the dread loose for a flowy look
– How to deal with cultural appropriation
– How to understand what dreadlocks are about and why most people want to wear dreadlocks
– We will work both on mannequin heads and on real people during this course
– How to make synthetic dreadlocks
– How to add synthetic dreadlocks into a head of dreads to add volume
– Dreadlock product knowledge, how do they work and what is needed
– Information to give to your clients on how to take care of their dreadlocks
– How to remove dreadlocks
– How to do a consultation with a client, how to deal with clients
– What to think of when you set up your work space, what you need
– How to market yourself
– The importance of how to talk to your future clients online
– I will give you the guidelines to set up a webpage, Instagram account, facebook page and a Pinterest page
– How to take photos of your clients
– How to post on different social media channels so that you attract your ideal clients
– Things to think of when it comes to running your own company
You will be offered a chance to become one of our affiliates, this means that you will be on a list at www.seienstyle.net and your info will be on our site so that people will find you.
You will be invited to a private facebook group where you can share your questions, work and thoughts to other people that are going through the same process as you are.
I will also be in the group there with you.
This can be your way of life too!
Take the step today and start working towards a life of joy and fulfilment!
This course will be for 4 full days in Stockholm, Sweden
Date: 15-18 September 2017 FULLYBOOKED
Date: 27-30 October 2017 ONLY 1 PLACE LEFT
Date: 1-5 Feb 2018 in Bali
Price Stockholm: 16.000 SEK / 1955 USD / 1665 EURO
Price Bali: 23.000 SEK / 2800 USD / 2390EURO (food and housing is included during the course in Bali)
A package with basic great tools will be included and you will get some tasks to complete at home to become a great dreadlock maker. Food and room is not included in the price.
Language: The whole course will be taught in English.
Spaces are limited, I will only take on 6 students
Why wait for your big dreams of becoming a professional dreadlock maker to come true?
With over 16 years of experience of working with dreadlocks I have assembled the best course that you need for you to become an amazing dreadlock artist.
When you leave the course you will not only have loads of new skills, but you will also have a support group around you that will cheer you on in your journey as a professional dreadlock maker.
If you don’t feel that this is enough, my doors to the salon is always open and you are welcome to come and assist me in my work.
I believe that with hard work and a lot of willpower, you are going to create a great life full of joy and happiness for you and your family!
It’s up to you to figure out what you have to do to become totally legal in your country. Note that this is one of the things that you have to do to be able to take this course.